[AMBER] Implicit Solvent simulation - membrane proteins

From: Balaji Selvam <bselvam01.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 12:51:35 -0500

Dear AMBER Users,

I am trying to simulate a membrane protein using implicit solvent model.

Using amber14 manual, I prepared the minimization file (min.in) however i
failed in this step.

The prmtop and inpcrd files are generated using tleap and i didn't solvate
the box and the files does not contain peroidic boundary information.

However, in min.in file I used options membraneopt=1, peroidic boundary
conditions (bcopt=10) as there is a option to simulate with boundary
conditions (as mentioned in amber14 manual page 77).

The min.in file input commands are shown below

minimize structure

 &cntrl

 /

 &pb

 /

 imin=1,

 maxcyc=1000,

 membraneopt=1,

 solvopt=1,

 bcopt=10,

 eneopt=1,

 sasopt=2,

 epsmemb=1.0,

 cut=999.0,

 rgbmax=999.0,

 igb=8,

 saltcon=0.15,

 phiout=1,

 phiform=1,

 intdiel=1.0,

 extdiel=78.5,

 ntpr=100,

 ntx=100,

 ntr=1,

 restraintmask'.CA,C,O,N',

 restraint_wt=5.0

/

However, running the sander command shows error as " no box info found in
inpcrd file".

Kindly advice how to include box information for implicit solvent models in
prmtop and inpcrd files.

Also, I would like to know is there any amber tutorial for implicit
membrane protein simulation.

Thank You,
Balaji