Re: [AMBER] amber14 installation

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2016 07:24:15 -0400

On Mon, Mar 28, 2016, Carlos Romero wrote:

> Both Amber14 and AmberTools15 should be extracted into the same directory
> tree, whose head will be 'amber14'. [Please do *not* extract these files
> into an existing 'amber12' directory.]
>
> My question is: If I have installed AmberTools14, Do I need to erase this
> directory and reinstall AmberTools15? or can I install on AmberTools14?

Installing on top of an existing AmberTools14 distribution would probably
work, but it is safer to rename your existing amber14 tree to something else
(so it will still be available if something goes wrong with the new
installation.) Then extract Amber14 and AmberTools15 into a new amber14 tree.

...dac