[AMBER] cpptraj mask definition

From: Weinzierl, Robert O J <r.weinzierl.imperial.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2016 10:51:26 +0000

Hi,

I am trying to measure the distances between two defined atoms belonging to an alanine (residue 60; atom CB) and a phenylalanine (residue 92; atom CZ), respectively, in a trajectory.

I have tried using the following mask in my cpptraj script:

distance :60 [.CB] :92 [.CZ] out result.agr

I am, however, not convinced that my mask definition is correct and understood by cpptraj. Can somebody advise me how to set up the masks so that I get the distances between atoms CB and CZ?

Best wishes,
Robert