Re: [AMBER] MMPBSA doubt

From: Ray Luo <rluo.uci.edu>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 23:11:15 -0700

Mary,

Very likely it is due to the lack of convergence. Assuming that your
MD behaves well, i.e. not unfolding the protein etc. 10ns seems very
short for multi-traj MMPBSA of typical-sized proteins.

A straightforward but slow way to check convergence is to restart your
MD for 10ns each time and apply MMPBSA with snapshots from each of the
following sets of trajectories:

10ns, 20ns, 30ns, ... 100ns and so on.

You'll get a MMPBSA average energy for each of the above sets. Plot
these cumulative average energies versus the simulation times (10ns,
20ns, ..., 100ns, and so on) and you'll see whether the cumulative
average is converged, i.e. not changing much any more.

Of course if you have a good statistical software, you may be able to
get a plot of the cumulative average over simulation time given all
the snapshots at once (for example all of the 100ns).

All the best,
Ray
--
Ray Luo, Ph.D.