Re: [AMBER] long bond lengths after parmed.py setMolecules command in metal-containing system

From: Arjun Narayanan <arjun.nufc.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2016 07:58:28 -0500

Thanks Jason.

I first checked #1 - I am using the parmed-built coordinate file.

I think I fall in to #2 then. I have an iron atom in a heme (part of the
HEM residue) which I bonded to a histidine in the protein and to one atom
of a bound oxygen molecule. When I look at the original prmtop and inpcrd
I created in VMD, there appear to be the appropriate bonds both within each
of those molecules and between each of those molecules. I did not
explicitly use the bond command to bond the iron to the other heme
nitrogens - these appeared to be bonded by VMD but I will try explicitly
bonding those in leap and see if that helps.

I didn't want to use "fixatomorder" in cpptraj at this point because this
was just a short test simulation. I don't really care about this
particular one. Hopefully if I learn to set things up correctly then i'll
save myself a step going forward.

Thanks,
Arjun