Re: [AMBER] draw vector along axis of an alpha helix

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2016 13:57:38 -0700

Hi,

You can do this with cpptraj using the 'vector' command with two atom
masks, each of which correspond to one end of your alpha helix. The
backbone of the residues at each end of the helix is one potential
choice. You could then write a pseudo-trajectory using 'writedata' and
the 'vectraj' keyword if you want. You can also use the 'vectormath'
command to calculate the angle with another set of vectors (or a
single vector if you use the beta GitHub version). So e.g.

parm myparm.parm7
trajin mytraj.nc
vector H1 <mask0> <mask1>
writedata vector.H1.mol2 vectraj H1 trajfmt mol2

See the manual for more details. Hope this helps, at least to get started.

-Dan

On Sat, Feb 27, 2016 at 8:50 AM, Emilio Angelina
<emilioluisangelina.hotmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Amber users,
>
> I wonder I there is a way of drawing a vector along the axis of an alpha helix with ptraj or cpptraj so that I can then follow the angle formed between this vector along the trajectory, with some other vector in a reference structure.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Emilio

Daniel R. Roe, PhD
Department of Medicinal Chemistry