Re: [AMBER] charge derivation

From: David Cerutti <dscerutti.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 10:41:10 -0500

I can't yet say anything about the real-life behavior of ligands, but
proteins themselves seem to work much better when you do the charge
derivation with accounting for the different phases. Hopefully we'll have
data on an assortment of small molecules soon; I think that you ligands are
near the upper end of what I've done in mdgx so far, so perhaps not the
best case for you to get started with, but it behooves me to make
additional functionality like a script fro breaking molecules into smaller
chunks that can then be submitted to these REsP-like derivations, or to
link mdgx with a quantum package that can break quantum systems into chunks
and then stitch the results back together.

Dave