Re: [AMBER] charge derivation

From: Abelak, Kavin <kabelak.rvc.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 10:52:37 +0000

Thanks for the info Dave - I’ll be looking out for more material on the subject.

I’m new to charge derivation portion of MD, so apologies if this is obvious - How does the use of MD-derived solution phase charges improve the ‘real life’ behaviour of the ligands? And would such a protocol also be applicable to the protein (receptor)?

My ligands are in the range of 18-24 C-atom long, in various single/double bond and/or ring configurations with a carboxylic acid head. Akin to poly-unsaturated fatty acids with some modifications.

Cheers,
Kavin