Re: [AMBER] Minimization error using Sander

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 08:16:49 -0500

On Thu, Feb 25, 2016, Anna Cebrian Prats wrote:

> I am trying to run the minimization with sander
> using a .top file and the inpcrd file as a result of
> using the chamber (executable that convert charmm files to amber files)
> of amber14. The system constitute a large protein with a Fe+2 coordinated with
> 5 residues and a "-OH"
>
> * NB pairs 1726 52366155 exceeds capacity ( 52366666)

How many atoms are in your system. What value of cut did you give in the
input file? (Try the default value if you are using a bigger value now.)

You can certainly try pmemd. Don't do anything in parallel until you can get
the system working correctly in serial mode.

> I already check MAXPR of the locmen.f and try to modify the assignment
> to maxpr_float two the lines below:
>
> >> maxpr_float = natom * (cutoffnb + skinnb)**3 / 2.5d0
> >> maxpr_float = natom * (cutoffnb + skinnb)**3 / 1.5d0

Just to be sure: did you re-compile after making this change?

...dac