Re: [AMBER] No exe file in Amberhome

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 14:53:02 -0500

On Mon, Feb 22, 2016, Mahdieh Hadi wrote:

> $AMBERHOME/exe/xleap -s -f $AMBERHOME/dat/leap/cmd/oldff/leaprc.ff99
> I encounter the following error:
>
> -bash: /Users/amber14/exe/xleap: No such file or directory

Correct. Not sure where the above line came from. You can either type:

$AMBERHOME/bin/xleap -s -f $AMBERHOME/dat/leap/cmd/oldff/leaprc.ff99
          ^^^^^

or (since xleap is probably in your PATH):

xleap -s -f $AMBERHOME/dat/leap/cmd/oldff/leaprc.ff99

Notes:

1. You probably got your sample command from some old source, since (many
years ago) Amber executables were put in the $AMBERHOME/exe directory, instead
of $AMBERHOME/bin. But that has not been true for a long time.

2. Also related to old files: the "olff" part of your command means "old force
field", and leaprc.ff99 is very, very much out of date. Unless you are *sure*
you know what you are doing, try this: 'xleap -f leaprc.ff14SB'

3. If you point us to where you got the confusing command from, we'll fix it.

...thanks...dac