[AMBER] Paradynamics with Amber

From: Ulf Ryde <ulf.ryde.teokem.lu.se>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 14:56:43 +0000

Dear all,
Is there any possibility to simulate in Amber with a potential that is a mixture of pure MM and QM/MM (i.e. of the type
E = (1-k) E_MM + k E_QM/MM
where k is an adjustable parameter (like lambda in standard free-energy perturbations),
so that you can do free-energy perturbations along this parameter, going from MM to QM/MM.
Such a potential is employed in Warshel's paradynamics approach (J Phys Chem B 115 (2011) 7950), which is one of the most promising ways to include high-level QM in free-energy predictions with a MM reference potential and a minimum of QM calculations.

I do not find such an approach in the manual, but I suppose it is simple to implement for somebody acquainted with with the QM/MM code.
Can somebody help us with such an implementation or suggest how it should be done?

Best Regards,
Ulf