Re: [AMBER] Hg parameterization

From: Pengfei Li <ambermailpengfei.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 15:48:33 -0500

Hi Nida,

Here is the metal ion modeling tutorial for AMBER:
http://ambermd.org/tutorials/advanced/tutorial20/ <http://ambermd.org/tutorials/advanced/tutorial20/>

We have developed nonbonded model parameters for Hg2+ ion and added them into AMBER program package.
If you want to use the nonbonded model to model Hg2+ ion, you can check the Amber manual page 45 to 47 to get some information about the parameter files.

If you want to use the bonded model to model Hg2+ ion, you can use the MCPB.py program to do the parameterization. Here is a tutorial about it: http://ambermd.org/tutorials/advanced/tutorial20/mcpbpy.htm <http://ambermd.org/tutorials/advanced/tutorial20/mcpbpy.htm>.

Hope it helps,
Pengfei