Re: [AMBER] Li & Mertz ion parameters

From: Bill Ross <ross.cgl.ucsf.edu>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2016 13:34:35 -0800

Not sure if anyone cares, but the ion radii developed with water models
that just have vdw on O (like TIP3, where O is artificially big to
encompass the H's) give different radial distribution first peaks when
they are used in complex.

     Ion-Induced Stabilization of the G-DNA Quadruplex: Free Energy
     Perturbation Studies. W.S. Ross and C.C. Hardin
     Journal of the American Chemical Society 116, 6070 (1994).

I have never heard that anyone considered the difference significant,
but I have been out of the field for a while.

Bill