[AMBER] Normalizing histogram with CPPTRAJ

From: anu chandra <anu80125.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2016 17:05:25 +0000

Hello Amber users,

I am trying to use the 'hist' command in cpptarj to generate a normalized
histogram. What I am expecting here is to convert the bin population to
fraction of 1 ( i.e sum of bin population should be 1). For doing this, I
have used hist command in the following way after reading the data,

hist d1 bins 80 norm out hist.dat

Unfortunately, the populations have shown value higher than 1 as shown in
the attached figure.

How can I normalize the bin population to the fraction of 1?

Any help would be highly appreciated

Many thanks
Anu