Re: [AMBER] Question about AmberTools14/15 installation

From: A kS <aks25121986.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2016 00:40:03 +0530

Respected Sir,

Thank you very much for your reply.The installation logic is now quite
clear to me. Just to make sure that I understood it properly I used an
example of AmberTools14/15:

1. export AMBERHOME = 'pwd' : *will set the 'pwd' as AMBERHOME*
2. doing ./configure gnu: *will configure the application*
3. export amber.sh : *will *
* (a) export AMBERHOME and *
* (b) check if LD_LIBRARY_PATH (for example) is set or not, if *NOT*
then it will set LD_LIBRARY_PATH="${AMBERHOME}/lib", *else* it
will append the **"${AMBERHOME}/lib" to the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH.*
4. make install : install the Amber
5. export "source $AMBERHOME/amber.sh" >> ~/.bashrc" :
    *will add* **exactly** this "source $AMBERHOME/amber.sh" line to
.bashrc. *So if I open .bashrc I will find that line written in the
.bashrc.* *This will ensure that when ever I login the login shell source
the respective amber.sh file.*

I have one more technical question and I hope you will not mind If I
discussed :

I want to install, 1. Amber12 coupled with AmberTools13, 2.AmberTools14 and
3. AmberTools15 one by one in a system:

1. *For Amber12+AmberTools13*

export AMBERHOME ='pwd'
./configure gnu
make install
the add these lines to .bashrc
export AMBERHOME=/home/aditya/applications/amber12
export PATH=$AMBERHOME/bin:$PATH

2. *Then for AmberTools14*

*comment out following lines in .bashrc*
#export AMBERHOME=/home/aditya/applications/amber12
#export PATH=$AMBERHOME/bin:$PATH
*then do:*
export AMBERHOME='pwd'
./configure gnu
source amber.sh
make install
echo "source $AMBERHOME/amber.sh" >> ~/.bashrc
This will add /home/user/ambertools14/amber.sh to .bashrc

3.*Then for AmberTools15*

*Comment out following lines in .bashrc*
#export AMBERHOME=/home/aditya/applications/amber12
#export PATH=$AMBERHOME/bin:$PATH
#source /home/user/ambertool14/amber.sh
*the repeat the same as above*

*Now to use only Amber12 and AmberTools13:*

Changing the following lines in .bashrc

export AMBERHOME=/home/aditya/applications/amber12
export PATH=$AMBERHOME/bin:$PATH
#source /home/user/ambertool14/amber.sh
#source /home/user/ambertool15/amber.sh

*Now to use only AmberTools14*

Changing the following lines in .bashrc

#export AMBERHOME=/home/aditya/applications/amber12
#export PATH=$AMBERHOME/bin:$PATH
source /home/user/ambertool14/amber.sh
#source /home/user/ambertool15/amber.sh

Sorry to bother you for this repeatedly. Looking forward for your reply.

Regards