Re: [AMBER] Size of solvent box, RDF

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2016 21:52:18 -0500

On Fri, Feb 5, 2016 at 5:31 PM, Krantzman, Kristin D <KrantzmanK.cofc.edu>
wrote:

> Hi Carlos and Jason,
> I have visualized the periodic images, and the protein does not appear to
> be interacting with itself.
> I have a question about the rdf. The rdf that I has structure, but the
> peaks are not well defined. Furthermore, the asymptotic value as the
> distance approaches the bulk is 0.9, not 1.0.
> I have used the command
> radial rad.dat 0.1 10.0 :WAT.O :ALA
> radial rad2.dat 0.1 10.0 :WAT.H1 :ALA
> radial rad3.dat 0.1 10.0 :WAT.H2 :ALA
> The polypeptide consists of 20 alanine residues, and it is not spherical.

​Since it's not globular, I would not expect the RDF that you calculated to
be as well-structured as, say, the RDF about the first alanine residue. I
think you may also need to use the "volume" keyword to have the RDF
approach 1, but I'm not positive on that. Try different options and see
what you get.

HTH,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University