Re: [AMBER] Help to choose best-fit ion model

From: Pengfei Li <ambermailpengfei.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2016 11:17:48 -0500

Hi Anu,

Sorry for the late reply. For your situation I recommend you to use nonbonded model.

This is due to that bond breaking could not happen when using the bonded model: the bonded model can only help you to see the bond vibration in the metal site.

And if you want to study chemical reaction happened during the simulation, it is better to use the QM/MM approach since generally pure MM method is not suitable to study chemical reactions.

Hope it helps,
Pengfei