Re: [AMBER] parameters for Mono-methylated Lysine

From: Karl Kirschner <k.n.kirschner.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 11:20:23 +0100

Hi Guowei,

  I am not aware of any existing AMBER topologies and partial atomic
charges for methylated lysine. You will probably need to create this
residue yourself. There are AMBER tutorials that will help guide you
through the process, including calculating AM1-BCC charges that should be
fairly compatible with the protein force field (e.g. Parm14SB). I assume
that the methylated lysine is part of a protein sequence, which means you
will most likely need to stick to the protein force field (as apposed to
using GAFF). You may also come across missing parameters associated with
lysine's NZ atom type - I am thinking about the associated C-N-C bending
and C-C-N-C torsion terms.

Bests,
Karl