Re: [AMBER] shape of a peptide array

From: Josh Berryman <the.real.josh.berryman.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 11:34:18 +0100

Oooh this is a good question. "shape" is one of those concepts that we
think we understand intuitively, but we don't. There's really no single
calculation that describes the shape of a thing as far as I know.

You could measure:

(1) solvent exposed surface area [try eg
http://www.msg.ucsf.edu/local/programs/moloc/surface.html]
(2) inertial tensor.
(3) alpha vs beta conformation of peptides (Ramachandran plot)
(4) concavity of solvent-excluded surface
(5) shape complementarity S_c of individual peptide surfaces (you are
interested in packing them together?)

The fun goes on, sorry for the late answer you have probably come up with
something by now.

Josh