Re: [AMBER] premed.MPI warning

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2016 11:43:33 -0500

I think it occurs because dihedral terms that are omitted in end-group (1-4) interactions have scaling factors set to 0. Since they are inverted upon reading, you get a divide by zero. Since they are never used, they have no effect.

The original explanation I heard was that this would immediately indicate whether there was a bug in excluding the 1-4s that should have been excluded.

I'm not sure if this has been adjusted, or when it was changed. But I know it used to behave that way.

All the best,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University
Postdoctoral Researcher