Re: [AMBER] How to have special residues in trajectory file using cpptraj

From: Kenneth Huang <kennethneltharion.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2015 09:39:14 -0500

Hi,

You're seeing the solvent and ions left over because you never applied a
strip mask- the line you'd actually want to run is

strip WAT:Na+

To remove the extra stuff, and put it after you load your trajectory and
before you write the output.

Best,

Kenneth

On Thursday, December 17, 2015, shahab shariati <shahab.shariati.gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear amber users
>
> My system contains protein (residues 1-314) + ligand (residue 315) + Na
> ions (residues 316-323) + water molecules.
>
> After doing MD simulation using amber tools 14, I have 4000 frames.
>
> Now, I need to a trajectory containing only protein + ligand molecules
> (residues 1-315) and only frames 3950 and 4000.
>
> I have runned cpptraj in batch mode using following in files:
>
> parm comp_sol.prmtop
> trajin trajectory.binpos 3950 4000
> trajout 6.pdb pdb :1-315
>
> parm comp_sol.prmtop
> trajin trajectory.binpos 3950 4000 :1-315
> trajout 6.pdb pdb
>
> But both cases give me a trajectory in which there are protein + ligand +
> Na + water molecules instead of only protein + ligand molecules.
>
> How to do what I want.
>
> Any help will highly appreciated

Ask yourselves, all of you, what power would hell have if those imprisoned
here could not dream of heaven?