Re: [AMBER] mbar

From: Hannes Loeffler <Hannes.Loeffler.stfc.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 15:17:05 +0000

The problem with sander is that it can't sample the end-points but
rather only points up to 0.005 away (so the range is 0.005 to 0.995).
This necessarily means that there would be some missing energies and
thus some error if you only did MBAR analysis over that range. Sander
could principally estimate the MBAR end-point energies but proper
BAR/MBAR requires explicit sampling of all lambda points. The latter is
also a problem because the namelist variables bar_l_* only allow you to
set up an equally spaced array.

What is the lambda range you are look at?

Overall I don't know if there is a useful scheme to support this type
of analysis for sander. That's why I have decided to not support it.