Re: [AMBER] gnu plot of cpptraj Secstruct

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 08:55:28 -0700

On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 7:01 AM, George Tzotzos <gtzotzos.me.com> wrote:
> I managed to get the output I need on X-terminall. My last question is how do I produce a printable file (e.g png).
>
> I added to the gnuplot script
> set term png
> set output “myfile.png”
>
> The output was an empty png file.

Tough to say what could be going wrong - this is a question that is
probably better-suited for the gnuplot mailing list.

However, you could try using the 'jpeg' keyword in cpptraj (should be
enough to add 'jpeg' after 'out <file>' for the secstruct command),
which will produce a header that will generate jpeg output when the
file is run with gnuplot. That may give you a good place to start.

Hope this helps,

-Dan

>> On 11 Dec 2015, at 14:43, Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 7:22 AM, George Tzotzos <gtzotzos.me.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Thank you very much for the help.
>>>
>>> The Amber list seems to have stripped my attachment. I include it in this
>>> email too.
>>>
>>> Secstruct produces a gnuplot script a sample of which is at the end of
>>> this message. The script is then run by cpptraj on the fly.
>>>
>>> I guess the problem(???) is with set ytics(“ASP:1 1.000,”THR:2”, etc).
>>>
>>> Do I have to run gnuplot outside cpptraj by removing the ytics manually
>>> and also changing the set yrange to [1:125] (125 is the last residue).
>>>

>> Unless you want to change the cpptraj source code to print the gnuplot
>> script you want, yes. But this should not be a problem. cpptraj creates
>> the gnuplot script for you, so all you have to do is modify that, then run:
>>
>> gnuplot <script>
>>
>> HTH,
>> Jason
>>
>> --