[AMBER] High PB deltaG values from MMPBSA.py calculation

From: anu chandra <anu80125.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2015 13:59:48 +0000

Dear Amber users,

I am working with a dimeric protein system and I am trying to calculate
the binding free energy change between two monomeric units in presence and
absence of bound ligand, using MMPBSA.py. Though the calculation finished
successfully, I find a huge difference between the GB and PB deltaG values
for the same system.

In presnce of ligand, the GB value is -67.17 and the calculate PB value
for the same system is -675.37. Similarly, in absence of ligand, the GB
value is -82.54 and the calculate PB value for the same system is -810.19.
As expected, though the GB and PB values maintain the trend ( ie. low
binding free energy in presence of ligand) I just wonder that such a high
PB values are safe to report?

I have following input for GB abd PB calculations,

Input file for running PB and GB
&general
  startframe=1, endframe=1250, interval=20, verbose=1,
keep_files=0,search_path=1,
 /
&gb
 igb=8, saltcon=0.100,