Re: [AMBER] How to run two single-card jobs on the node with two GPU cards

From: Kenneth Huang <kennethneltharion.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2015 01:34:36 -0500

Hi Stephen,

I think what you're looking for is export CUDA_VISIBLE_DEVICES,
specifically something like-

export CUDA_VISIBLE_DEVICES=0
pmemd.cuda -O -i job1.in...

export CUDA_VISIBLE_DEVICES=1
pmemd.cuda -O -i job2.in...

Where 0 and 1 are the two cards- http://ambermd.org/gpus/ has a lot more
details on running them under the section for multi GPUs.

Best,

Kenneth

On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 1:25 AM, Stephen Wang <wangyichao.sjtu.edu.cn> wrote:

> Dear Amber administrator,
>
> When the user submit two single-card jobs to GPU node with two cards on
> our cluster, I found that actually the two jobs are running on the same
> card.
>
> Could you have any idea to refine some parameters to let these two
> single-card jobs running on two different cards on the node?
>
> Looking forward to your help.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Stephen.

Ask yourselves, all of you, what power would hell have if those imprisoned
here could not dream of heaven?