Re: [AMBER] free energy of solvation of small molecules

From: Fabian gmail <fabian.glaser.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2015 12:52:22 +0200

Dear Josh,

I would truly like to use EMIL for calculating the free energy of hydration of several drugs, but I am afraid that I would need some example that I could apply to my system (just a drug in water or a water + acetone). Has been emil used for this purpose?

Do you know about a a paper or an example that uses EMIL for this specific purpose?

I have gone over the tutorial for the dialanine, but it’s difficult for me to adapt it to my drug in water for free energy of the hydration….

Thanks a lot,

Fabian

Dr. Fabian Glaser
Head of the Structural Bioinformatics section

Bioinformatics Knowledge Unit - BKU
The Lorry I. Lokey Interdisciplinary Center for Life Sciences and Engineering
Technion - Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa 32000, ISRAEL

fglaser at technion dot ac dot il
Tel: +972 4 8293701
http://bku.technion.ac.il