Re: [AMBER] GIST

From: Yulian Gavrilov <zzeppelin87.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 14:21:39 +0200

Dear Steven and Jonathan,

Thank you for your suggestions.
Please note that N and C terminals of the flexible peptide are fixed in the
space, so there are no rotations/translations of the whole peptide.
When I analyze the first hydration shell (3.5A) around my rigid and
flexible peptides I noticed strange results for dE.
In principle, for the flexible peptide dE of the hydration water should be
less favourable than for the frozen one (opposite to dS).
I see it for the average value [kcal/mol per non-zero voxel] but in case of
summation [kcal/mol for all hydration shell] dE is more favourable in case
of the frozen peptide, which is strange.
I expected that this may be because of some 'bad' voxels but I didn't find
'very bad' voxels in the flexible systems (with energies > 0 kcal/mol).
Probably it is related to the fact that the number of non-zero voxels
within the hydration shell is ~twice bigger for the flexible peptide (the
total number of voxels is identical).
Interesting, that for dS everything is fine (dS of water around the
flexible peptide is more favourable).
It seems that in order to make a correct comparison of the flexible and
rigid peptides I need to use something like clustering.

Sincerely,
Yulian Gavrilov