Re: [AMBER] [AMEBR] Amino acid side-chain carbonyl C=O(ASP, GLU) and side-cahin -HN (LYS, ARG) close proximity

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2015 07:05:32 -0400

I don't know what behavior you should have, but ion pairs do have a
tendency to interact in water and are seen in many crystal structures. in
your vacuum simulations I would expect them to be far stronger, and vacuum
simulations should not be used to study behavior in water. Other than that
it is not clear what you are asking.