[AMBER] MMPBSA for multiple mutants

From: Fabian gmail <fabian.glaser.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 17:27:58 +0200

Hi,

I am interested in calculating DDG for WT - MUTANT of a certain multi peptide system (32 identical peptides). But I cannot use the &alanine_scanning procedure in MMPBSA.py since I need to mutate not one but all 32 residues (one in each peptide) including on the ligand and receptor (31 and 1 peptide respectively). That cannot be done with MMPBSA.py I understand, which allows a single mutation.

So I thought to repeat the whole MD and MMPBSA.py energy calculations, using a 32 ALA mutant receptor, complex and ligand, and then compare the DG of mutant and WT system (using exactly the same conditions).

Is that a reasonable approach?
I mean will I get reasonable DDG (wt - mutants) prediction difference?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Fabian

Dr. Fabian Glaser
Head of the Structural Bioinformatics section

Bioinformatics Knowledge Unit - BKU
The Lorry I. Lokey Interdisciplinary Center for Life Sciences and Engineering
Technion - Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa 32000, ISRAEL

fglaser at technion dot ac dot il
Tel: +972 4 8293701
http://bku.technion.ac.il