Re: [AMBER] Tutorial 22 - aMD - how long should it last on Titan Black?

From: case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 07:40:17 -0400

On Thu, Oct 29, 2015, Karolina Markowska wrote:

> I was trying to reproduce the simulation from this tutorial:
> http://ambermd.org/tutorials/advanced/tutorial22/ using original files and
> scripts. I was using Amber14 with AmberTools 14.
>
> I ran my simulation on a single Titan Black GPU and according to mdinfo
> file it will last about 132 hours. I have Amber compiled with Cuda Toolkit
> 6.5 and the driver version is 340.29.
>
> Should it run so long or does that mean that something is wrong with
> software and/or hardware?

If you want to check the timings on your machine vs what other get, it is much
better to use some of the benchmarks posted here:

   http://ambermd.org/gpus/benchmarks.htm#Benchmarks

They are far shorter, for one thing. And they are more up to date. Numbers
for the Titan Black, however, are not there, so you may have to do some
guessing.

....dac