Re: [AMBER] QM/MM Umbrella

From: Emilio Lence <guitarro.de.meixente.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 17:11:39 +0100

Hi
Mahmood, you mention that there is a big jump in the value of your reaction
coordinate. Have you checked what happened in your system when the jump
happened. I have some experience with systems in which a "second reaction
happened", for example a rupture of a Hydroxyl group that is protonated to
give a water molecule. In those cases to improve things I do a 2D umbrella
sampling with both reaction coordinates, but only with the values of the
original reaction coordinate that are near the jump. But all of these is
valid if you see something in your system that can justify the jump.
Hope it helps.

Dr. Emilio Lence Quintana
Organic Chemistry Department-CIQUS
University of Santiago de Compostela