Re: [AMBER] QM/MM Umbrella

From: Mahmood Jasim <ddfd09.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 12:05:38 +0000

Hi Adrian,

Many thanks for your comments; they were very useful. Regarding ig==-1, I
am using it except in the single input file I copied in the email. I am now
running the simulation using the generalized distance coordinate as the
difference between the lenghths of the bond to be formed and the one to be
broken with 0.2 A windows. This is my restraint file:

iat=1937,6803,6803,6798, r1=-10.0, r2=1.5, r3=1.5, r4=10.0, rstwt=1,-1,
rk2=50, rk3=50,

and the overlap has greatly improved. The problem starts to happen when the
coordinate gets closer to the formation of the bond where a big gap appears
in the graph and the coordinate jumps from 0.15 to -0.3 A. I tried
increasing the force near the region but it did not work. This is how the
reaction coordinate versus time looks like:

[image: Inline images 2]

Any advice please

Best Regards,
Mahmood