Re: [AMBER] MMPBSA tutorial A3.2

From: Fabian gmail <fabian.glaser.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 13:19:47 +0300

Hi Jason,

I followed your suggestion and set radiopt=0 and inp=1 in your &pb section and try again… but there are warnings when running MMPBSA.py regarding the inp=1 which I don’t understand… (please see below). The energies are much more similar to the tutorial.

Are then those parameters you suggested the correct ones despite teh warnings?

All the details below.

Thanks lot,

Fabian

Here is the input file modified as you suggested

Input file for running PB and GB
&general
   verbose=1,
   entropy=0,
/
&gb
  igb=2, saltcon=0.100
/
&pb
  istrng=0.100,
  radiopt=0, inp=1
/

And here is the output and the warnings I get when I run it with my own mdcrd file (10 ns in this case):

==> MMPBSA.py -O -i mmpbsa_2b.in -o FINAL_RESULTS_MMPBSA.dat -sp 1err.solvated.prmtop -cp complex.prmtop -rp receptor.prmtop -lp ligand.prmtop -y *.mdcrd
mmpbsa_py_energy found! Using /Users/admin/Data/TOOLS/amber14/bin/mmpbsa_py_energy
cpptraj found! Using /Users/admin/Data/TOOLS/amber14/bin/cpptraj
Preparing trajectories for simulation...
50 frames were processed by cpptraj for use in calculation.

Running calculations on normal system...

Beginning GB calculations with /Users/admin/Data/TOOLS/amber14/bin/mmpbsa_py_energy
  calculating complex contribution...
  calculating receptor contribution...
  calculating ligand contribution...

Beginning PB calculations with /Users/admin/Data/TOOLS/amber14/bin/mmpbsa_py_energy
  calculating complex contribution...
Warning: inp=1 was old default
Warning: cavity_surften=0.0378 not recommended for inp=1, switching to inp=1 default value: 0.0050
Warning: cavity_offset=-0.5692 not recommended for inp=1, switching to inp=1 default value: 0.000
Warning: sprob=.557 not recommended for inp=1, switching to inp=1 default value: 1.400
  calculating receptor contribution...
Warning: inp=1 was old default
Warning: cavity_surften=0.0378 not recommended for inp=1, switching to inp=1 default value: 0.0050
Warning: cavity_offset=-0.5692 not recommended for inp=1, switching to inp=1 default value: 0.000
Warning: sprob=.557 not recommended for inp=1, switching to inp=1 default value: 1.400
  calculating ligand contribution...
Warning: inp=1 was old default
Warning: cavity_surften=0.0378 not recommended for inp=1, switching to inp=1 default value: 0.0050
Warning: cavity_offset=-0.5692 not recommended for inp=1, switching to inp=1 default value: 0.000
Warning: sprob=.557 not recommended for inp=1, switching to inp=1 default value: 1.400

Timing:
Total setup time: 0.035 min.
Creating trajectories with cpptraj: 0.293 min.
Total calculation time: 16.376 min.

Total GB calculation time: 2.464 min.
Total PB calculation time: 13.912 min.

Statistics calculation & output writing: 0.000 min.
Total time taken: 16.706 min.

MMPBSA.py Finished! Thank you for using. Please cite us if you publish this work with this paper:
   Miller III, B. R., McGee Jr., T. D., Swails, J. M. Homeyer, N. Gohlke, H. and Roitberg, A. E.
   J. Chem. Theory Comput., 2012, 8 (9) pp 3314–3321

But the energies are correct this time.

Here is the FINAL_RESULTS_MMPBSA.dat file

|--------------------------------------------------------------
|--------------------------------------------------------------
|MMPBSA.py Version=14.0
|Solvated complex topology file: 1err.solvated.prmtop
|Complex topology file: complex.prmtop
|Receptor topology file: receptor.prmtop
|Ligand topology file: ligand.prmtop
|Initial mdcrd(s): 1err_prod.mdcrd
|
|Receptor mask: ":1-240"
|Ligand mask: ":241"
|Ligand residue name is "RAL"
|
|Calculations performed using 50 complex frames.
|Poisson Boltzmann calculations performed using internal PBSA solver in mmpbsa_py_energy
|
|Generalized Born ESURF calculated using 'LCPO' surface areas
|
|All units are reported in kcal/mole.

GENERALIZED BORN:

Complex:
Energy Component Average Std. Dev. Std. Err. of Mean
VDWAALS -2013.3861 20.1108 2.8441
EEL -16938.6434 84.8707 12.0025
EGB -3506.9860 67.1003 9.4894
ESURF 97.4744 1.3170 0.1863

G gas -18952.0295 81.3542 11.5052
G solv -3409.5116 66.5951 9.4180

TOTAL -22361.5411 36.3100 5.1350

Receptor:
Energy Component Average Std. Dev. Std. Err. of Mean
VDWAALS -1955.2346 19.0529 2.6945
EEL -16895.0333 84.6812 11.9757
EGB -3528.7058 67.6664 9.5695
ESURF 101.2621 1.2926 0.1828

G gas -18850.2679 80.7202 11.4156
G solv -3427.4437 67.2065 9.5044

TOTAL -22277.7116 34.9512 4.9428

Ligand:
Energy Component Average Std. Dev. Std. Err. of Mean
VDWAALS -1.8595 2.0320 0.2874
EEL -5.5800 2.0133 0.2847
EGB -28.4852 0.5979 0.0846
ESURF 4.4805 0.0425 0.0060

G gas -7.4395 3.0299 0.4285
G solv -24.0047 0.6040 0.0854

TOTAL -31.4442 3.2513 0.4598

Differences (Complex - Receptor - Ligand):
Energy Component Average Std. Dev. Std. Err. of Mean
VDWAALS -56.2921 2.8956 0.4095
EEL -38.0301 3.1822 0.4500
EGB 50.2050 2.5622 0.3624
ESURF -8.2682 0.2700 0.0382

DELTA G gas -94.3222 3.3476 0.4734
DELTA G solv 41.9369 2.4569 0.3475

DELTA TOTAL -52.3853 2.4400 0.3451

POISSON BOLTZMANN:

Complex:
Energy Component Average Std. Dev. Std. Err. of Mean
VDWAALS -2013.3861 20.1108 2.8441
EEL -16938.6434 84.8707 12.0025
EPB -3314.8738 66.2632 9.3710
ENPOLAR 63.9049 0.4744 0.0671

G gas -18952.0295 81.3542 11.5052
G solv -3250.9688 66.1312 9.3524

TOTAL -22202.9984 38.5993 5.4588

Receptor:
Energy Component Average Std. Dev. Std. Err. of Mean
VDWAALS -1955.2346 19.0529 2.6945
EEL -16895.0333 84.6812 11.9757
EPB -3340.9508 66.5434 9.4107
ENPOLAR 65.6147 0.4833 0.0684

G gas -18850.2679 80.7202 11.4156
G solv -3275.3361 66.4327 9.3950

TOTAL -22125.6040 37.0760 5.2433

Ligand:
Energy Component Average Std. Dev. Std. Err. of Mean
VDWAALS -1.8595 2.0320 0.2874
EEL -5.5800 2.0133 0.2847
EPB -30.7649 0.6756 0.0955
ENPOLAR 3.8717 0.0261 0.0037

G gas -7.4395 3.0299 0.4285
G solv -26.8932 0.6809 0.0963

TOTAL -34.3327 3.2575 0.4607

Differences (Complex - Receptor - Ligand):
Energy Component Average Std. Dev. Std. Err. of Mean
VDWAALS -56.2921 2.8956 0.4095
EEL -38.0301 3.1822 0.4500
EPB 56.8420 2.9272 0.4140
ENPOLAR -5.5814 0.1540 0.0218
EDISPER 0.0000 0.0000 0.0000

DELTA G gas -94.3222 3.3476 0.4734
DELTA G solv 51.2605 2.9326 0.4147

DELTA TOTAL -43.0617 2.8642 0.4051

Dr. Fabian Glaser

Head of the Structural Bioinformatics section

Bioinformatics Knowledge Unit - BKU
The Lorry I. Lokey Interdisciplinary Center for Life Sciences and Engineering
Technion - Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa 32000, ISRAEL

fglaser at technion dot ac dot il
Tel: +972 4 8293701
http://bku.technion.ac.il