Re: [AMBER] Random Number Generator Flag Ig

From: Guqin Shi <shi.293.osu.edu>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 12:48:37 -0400

Hi Ross,

thanks for the explanation. Let me re-interpret your email to make sure I
understand what you've mentioned...

1. I am using ntt=1 which does not use random numbers. Does that mean
whatever number I assign to ig, it doesn't matter at all? As long as I use
ntt=1, each run will always be identical? (all the rest just read .rst file
from last run)

2. If I change to ntt=3, I also need to change tempi to non-0, for instance
1 K, in order to use ig=-1. Right?

3. I don't have a specific reason to use ntt=1. If any, it might because I
learned and obtained input files from senior labmates... My system is a
very common, 100 residues, protein-small molecule complex. Currently in my
lab, I am using Amber 14. The final goal for these multiple independent
runs is to calculate binding energies. Can you give a common advice about
the ntt I should use for equilibrium and run under NPT? I found some
suggestion in tutorial (
http://ambermd.org/tutorials/basic/tutorial1/section3.htm) but it's for
NVT. Thank you very much!

-Guqin