Re: [AMBER] Error: ptraj is needed for MMPBSA

From: Ayesha Kanwal <ayesha_comsian.hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 01:04:28 +0500

yes i am actually want to run MMPBSA.py but it is showing this error and show no result i installed amber approx. 4 times by changing its directory but every time when i want to run MMPBSA.py it is giving different error. i download (ras-raf_top_mdcrd.tgz) this folder taking from amber advanced tutorial and paste it in amber 14 folder according to this tutorial 4 python scripts must be putted in amber 14 bin because i set amber 14 as AMBERHOME path, that 4 scripts are (MMPBSA.py, utils.py, alamdcrd.py, and inputparse.py) . But when i searched out inputparse script it was missing i could not put it into AMBERHOME/bin
after that i make an input file and i am also take it from the same site Amber Advanced tutorial that was:
and named it mmpbsa.in
Input file for running PB and GB
&general
   endframe=50, verbose=1,
# entropy=1,
/
&gb
  igb=2, saltcon=0.100
/
&pb
  istrng=0.100,
/
and then paste it in amber 14 folder
and run the following command

$AMBERHOME/bin/MMPBSA.py -O
        -i mmpbsa.in -o FINAL_RESULTS_MMPBSA.dat -sp ras-raf_solvated.prmtop -cp ras-raf.prmtop -rp ras.prmtop
        -lp raf.prmtop -y ras-raf_top_mdcrd.mdcrd

then the terminal showing this error

InputError: Can't find input file (mmpbsa.in)

Please guide me the proper way how can i install AmberTools 14 properly and can run MMPBSA.py. its about 2 month i am stucked here and i am not successful yet please help me i want to use MMPBSA/MMGBSA in my project i am very worried i am new in Amber and ubuntu but i have to use it in my project kindly guide me step by step how can i properly install ambertools and can run MMPBSA.py i am using ubuntu 14.04 and want to install AmberTools 14. and want to run MMPBSA.py