Re: [AMBER] Temperature fluctuations in stage heating

From: Repic Matej <matej.repic.epfl.ch>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 09:19:49 +0000

Hi Anita,

You should at least be using irest=1 and ntx=5 after the first stage,
since you would want to restart using the coordinates and velocities from
the previous run. Currently, you are basically starting a new simulation
(generating random velocities) at each stage, which is quite likely the
reason for fluctuations at the start of each run.

Best,
Dr. Matej Repic
Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne
Laboratory of Computational Chemistry and Biochemistry
SB - ISIC ­ LCBC
BCH 4108
CH - 1015 Lausanne