[AMBER] non-standard residue (DNA-protein crosslink)

From: Jackle, Chasen <chasen.jackle.uleth.ca>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2015 10:35:14 -0600

Hi Amber experts,
So we have a non-standard residue which is a Schiff base in a DNA-protein
complex, we've parameterized the residue (an amino acid linked to a
ring-opened deoxyribose). The problem is how to assign this residue to the
chain(s). Protein is chain A and DNA is chain B, if we assign the Schiff
base to DNA, there will be a break in the protein chain and the same thing
happens to the DNA if we assign the linkage to the protein. Changing the
name of chains (both DNA and protein) to one chain (A for example) didn't
work either.
Any suggestion/help is highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Chasen