[AMBER] Atom 1512 was assigned a lower molecule # than previous atom

From: Osman, Roman <roman.osman.mssm.edu>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2015 18:51:19 +0000

Hello,

I have an “artificial” molecule, which was obtained by removing portions of the original one in order to enhance the calculations in MMPBSA. In the complex and the receptor there is a disulfide bridge between CYX residues in different chains. All seems to be OK until I run the MMPBS.py where I get the error listed above.
Atom 1512 is in the chain that contains the second CYX.

I read the archive discussion http://archive.ambermd.org/201409/0451.html but there it does not offer a solution for running MMPBSA.py, rather it offers a solution in cpptraj.
There is also a promise for a fix.

Could you suggest what to do.

Thanks for your help
Roman Osman
Department of Structural and Chemical Biology, Box 1677
Mount Sinai School of Medicine
New York, NY 10029
roman.osman.mssm.edu<mailto:roman.osman.mssm.edu>