Re: [AMBER] Building a structure of levansucrase (1PT2) with a fructosyl residue attached to Asp86

From: Surasak Chunsrivirot <chunsrivirot.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2015 14:53:49 +0700

Dear Lachele,

Thank you very much for your advice. I really appreciate it.

We are trying to build a structure that is a part of the proposed reaction
pathway of levan synthesis (as shown in the attached picture) and to dock
levan of various chain lengths in the active site to gain an understanding
on how levansucrase perform the levan synthesis. I think there are two
possibilities for the models.

1. The structure with Asp86 attached to fructosyl unit.

2. The structure with fructosyl unit as an oxocarbenium ion with no
attachment to Asp86.

For model 1, I’m not sure if it’s possible to use the remove and bond
command in tleap to build a bond between Asp86 and the fructosyl unit
(aspartic acid has ASP and ASH). I’m also not sure how to assign the
charges at the connecting points for this structure.

For model 2, there is no connecting point between Asp86 and the
oxocarbenium ion but I’m not sure if it’s possible to use tleap to build
oxocarbenium ion based on the crystal structure of sucrose in the active
site and how to assign its charges.

I’m wondering if you have any suggestions on how I should proceed? Which
model can be constructed using AMBER (tleap)? What would be the most
appropriate way to assign the charges to the model?

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards,

Surasak