Re: [AMBER] Michaelis complex

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 11:16:59 -0400

On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 9:48 AM, Carlos Simmerling <
carlos.simmerling.gmail.com> wrote:

> Jason - correct me if I'm wrong, but if you delete the bond parameter, it's
> true that it won't be there, but it won't delete the angle term between
> atoms across the previous bond, or the torsion parameters. There is also
> the problem of the nonbonded interactions. the atoms previously bonded
> won't have any nonbonded, nor will the 1-3 atoms, so these molecules can
> float on top of each other near the deleted bond. I would imagine the only
> good way to do this is to remove the bond before you make the prmtop, not
> after... unless parmed is smarter than I thought!

​ParmEd is smarter than you thought ;). deleteBond does all of this. It
deletes the bond in its entirety (including all other valence terms that
include that bond), and it always recomputes the exclusions before writing
a topology file.

All the best,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University