Re: [AMBER] Michaelis complex

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 09:48:33 -0400

Jason - correct me if I'm wrong, but if you delete the bond parameter, it's
true that it won't be there, but it won't delete the angle term between
atoms across the previous bond, or the torsion parameters. There is also
the problem of the nonbonded interactions. the atoms previously bonded
won't have any nonbonded, nor will the 1-3 atoms, so these molecules can
float on top of each other near the deleted bond. I would imagine the only
good way to do this is to remove the bond before you make the prmtop, not
after... unless parmed is smarter than I thought!
carlos