Re: [AMBER] Total interaction energy between monomeric units of a dimer

From: George Tzotzos <gtzotzos.me.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 18:57:09 +0300

I’m jumping in because I’m dealing with a similar situation.

Assuming a GB calculation, would it be legitimate to treat one of the subunits (say subunit A) as a receptor and the other as ligand. Generate topologies for ligand, receptor and complex using ante-mmpbsa.py and then run mmpbsa.py to calculate deltaG of subunit B. Then repeat the same procedure (using subunit B as receptor) to calculate deltaG of subunit A. Would adding the deltaGs of the two subunits correspond to the total interaction energy?

George