Re: [AMBER] "mask" command failure

From: Ucisik, Melek Nihan <ucisik.illinois.edu>
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2015 20:37:06 +0000

Hello again,
I am not sure if I understand the composition of the output of this command correctly. I am reading in 500 frames and want to get a count of sodiums that are within 2.5 Å of a certain atom (:7.OP1) for each frame. I guess “mask" is not the command I want for that purpose but I still want to understand what it returns exactly. Here are the top few lines from my output:

#Frame AtomNum Atom ResNum Res MolNum
      30 1834 Na+ 93 Na+ 39
      44 1845 Na+ 104 Na+ 50
      44 1913 Na+ 172 Na+ 118
      45 1845 Na+ 104 Na+ 50
      45 1913 Na+ 172 Na+ 118
      46 1845 Na+ 104 Na+ 50
      46 1913 Na+ 172 Na+ 118

So, does this mean:

1. There were no Na+’s within 2.5 Å of :7.OP1 in frames 1-29 and 31-43 etc.
2. In the frame 44, there were 2: residue numbers 104 and 172.
3. In the frame 45, there were 2: residue numbers 104 and 172.
4. In the frame 46, there were 2: residue numbers 104 and 172.

Then what is MolNum?

Also, if I add the “maskpdb” option to the command as shown below (by typing it myself, no copy and paste to eliminate any possible errors as before), it gives a segmentation fault:

mask "(:7.OP1<:2.5)&:Na+" maskout mask_A7OP1_Na.dat maskpdb mask_A7OP1_Na.pdb

----- stripped_prod_ions.netcdf (1-500, 1) -----
 0% Segmentation fault

 Can you help me understand what is going on?

Thanks,

Nihan