Re: [AMBER] "mask" command failure

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2015 02:21:08 -0400

On Thu, Aug 6, 2015 at 10:51 PM, Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com> wrote:

> Interesting. If I copy the quotes from the email I get that error. If
> I input the quotes myself (which is how I originally tested)
> everything is fine. Clearly the quotes in the email are a different
> character (as further evidenced by the strange character that pops up
> in the error message).

​Yes, gmail is all too happy to turn the ASCII quotes into the "fancy"
quotes (note how they don't go straight down, but curl toward the text).
Same type of deal with hyphens getting replaced with n- or m-dashes...
Copy-paste doesn't really work here.

So to Nihan -- make sure you're not copying and pasting from a place that
formats text for humans (like word, email, ... etc.) -- if you're in doubt,
replace your quotes with ones you type by hand (or just get rid of them).

All the best,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University
Postdoctoral Researcher