Re: [AMBER] Regarding DNA forcefield in Amber14

From: Vlad Cojocaru <vlad.cojocaru.mpi-muenster.mpg.de>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2015 15:03:05 +0200

Dear Mahad,

You are making exactly the confusion I was referring to .... "ff99SB" is
yet another protein-only force field .... I was not referring in any
line of my comment to this force field. Again, everything denoted with
"SB" are protein-only force fields ....

For DNA and RNA, the basic ff is "ff99" (Cheatham et al 1999) (note:
without any "SB"). On top on this, the bsc0 modifications were
introduced. Later modifications for DNA and RNA were separated ...

When loading the leaprc.ff14SB, you load the following: ff14SB for
proteins, ff99+bsc0 for DNA, and ff99+bsc0+chiOL3 for RNA .... So,
although you are loading a file called "ff14SB", you will NOT be using
"ff14SB" for nucleic acids (as again "ff14SB" is a protein-only force
field).

I believe it is quite important that people understand exactly which
force fields precisely their are using when loading a file in leap

Best
Vlad