Re: [AMBER] Per residue rmsd

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 08:55:01 -0600

The results will be qualitatively similar but not the same as they are
fundamentally different calculations. The atomic fluctuations are
essentially the variance in coordinates of each atom over the course of a
simulation, and the byres keyword converts that to the average over the
residue weighted by the mass of each atom. In contrast, the average per
residue RMSD measures the average deviation in all coordinates of that
residue after the global best-fit.

-Dan

Daniel R. Roe, PhD
Department of Medicinal Chemistry