Re: [AMBER] Fwd: Question about building a branched levan oligosaccharide

From: Surasak Chunsrivirot <chunsrivirot.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2015 18:05:08 +0700

Hi Lachele,

Thank you very much for your help. I really appreciate it. I used your
script to build the branched levan, and it works perfectly.

I have another question regarding the charge adjustment at main3.O1.
Originally, it was -0.624 and you changed it to -0.4170 (set main.3.O1
charge -0.4170). The factor of 0.207 was added to the original charge of
-0.624. I have already read the charge adjustment procedure from (
http://glycam.org/docs/help/2014/04/04/adding-chemical-derivatives-to-glycam-residues/).
In my case, the branched group (6CU 0CU) has the following values:
fCh = 0.401 (from the charge of main.3.H1O that was deleted)
rCh = 0.194 (from the total charge of 6CU 0CU)
dCh = fCh - rCh = 0.401-0.194 = 0.207
iCh = 0 ?
dCh - iCh = 0.207-0 = 0.207 --> The factor that was added to the original
charge of -0.624 of main.3.O1.

Do I understand this correctly? I'm wondering why iCh = 0 in this case.

Thank you very much for your help,
Surasak