Re: [AMBER] Centre of Mass or geometry issue

From: Juan Eiros Zamora <j.eiros-zamora14.imperial.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2015 10:14:20 +0100

Hi,

If you add the .CA it means you're only selecting the alpha carbons of
your residues, and you have to write it both times and the end of your
residue selection. So it should be like this:

distance R1-R2.CA R3.CA out xyz.dat

And that will calculate the distance between the center of mass of R1.CA
and R2.CA to R3.CA. If you want to calculate the center of mass for all
the atoms in the residues, drop the .CA

I'm relatively new to cpptraj, so if I am wrong someone correct me; but
that's how I've been using the distance command for my analysis so far.

Cheers
Juan