Re: [AMBER] Changing two conditions simultaneously in pmemd

From: Vlad Cojocaru <vlad.cojocaru.mpi-muenster.mpg.de>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 16:00:48 +0200

Sure ... Hannes is also right. Even if you apply the same protocol is
unlikely you'll get exactly the same results ... However, if you are
after reproducing the overall conclusions of a study, they should be
protocol-independent provided a protocol does not introduce artefactual
behavior. So, probably in this case the best bet is to get the original
scripts for the published protocols from the authors.

Hope this helps a bit
Vlad

On 05/18/2015 03:56 PM, Vlad Cojocaru wrote:
> Dear Juan,
>
> Probably the best way to reproduce published data is to ask the authors
> for the protocols ..
>
> Best
> Vlad
>

> On 05/18/2015 03:37 PM, Juan Eiros Zamora wrote:
>> Hi Hannes,
>>
>> It's just that I'm trying to replicate the MD protocol of a paper, but
>> the authors used NAMD 2.9, and they stated in their Materials and
>> Methods that they heat up the system and change the constraints at the
>> same time. So I'm trying to introduce the least changes as possible in
>> order to obtain similar results to them.
>>
>> But if it's not possible in AMBER then I will just do it sequentially as
>> you suggested.
>>
>> Thanks for your input,
>>
>> Juan
>>

>> On 18/05/15 13:13, Hannes Loeffler wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am not aware that you could change the restraint force during MD so I
>>> think you would have to emulate that through several steps. Possibly
>>> script this.
>>>
>>> Why is it important to you to do the heating and restraint release at
>>> the same time? What's wrong with doing this step-wise?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Hannes.

Dr. Vlad Cojocaru
Computational Structural Biology Laboratory
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology
Max Planck Institute for Molecular Biomedicine
Röntgenstrasse 20, 48149 Münster, Germany
Tel: +49-251-70365-324; Fax: +49-251-70365-399
Email: vlad.cojocaru[at]mpi-muenster.mpg.de
http://www.mpi-muenster.mpg.de/43241/cojocaru