Re: [AMBER] Changing two conditions simultaneously in pmemd

From: Vlad Cojocaru <vlad.cojocaru.mpi-muenster.mpg.de>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 15:56:11 +0200

Dear Juan,

Probably the best way to reproduce published data is to ask the authors
for the protocols ..

Best
Vlad

On 05/18/2015 03:37 PM, Juan Eiros Zamora wrote:
> Hi Hannes,
>
> It's just that I'm trying to replicate the MD protocol of a paper, but
> the authors used NAMD 2.9, and they stated in their Materials and
> Methods that they heat up the system and change the constraints at the
> same time. So I'm trying to introduce the least changes as possible in
> order to obtain similar results to them.
>
> But if it's not possible in AMBER then I will just do it sequentially as
> you suggested.
>
> Thanks for your input,
>
> Juan
>

> On 18/05/15 13:13, Hannes Loeffler wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am not aware that you could change the restraint force during MD so I
>> think you would have to emulate that through several steps. Possibly
>> script this.
>>
>> Why is it important to you to do the heating and restraint release at
>> the same time? What's wrong with doing this step-wise?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Hannes.
>>

>> On Mon, 18 May 2015 13:06:56 +0100
>> Juan Eiros Zamora <j.eiros-zamora14.imperial.ac.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> I am trying to replicate an MD protocol that has been done previously
>>> using NAMD 2.9 using AMBER.
>>>
>>> After the initial minimisation steps (water and ions, then backbone
>>> of protein and so on), I am trying to do the following:
>>>
>>> "380 ps initial MD run with consecutively weaker restraints on
>>> protein atoms and gradually heat up the system to 300K"
>>>
>>> Usually in my minimisation input file I keep the restraints constant
>>> like this:
>>> And to heat up a system I do it like this (after the &cntrl section):

>>> Does anyone have an idea of how could I change two variables at a
>>> time? I've looked into section 18.8 of the Manual, but I am not sure
>>> if I should change the BOND option or the REST one, or how to proceed
>>> to change one of the two as well as the TEMP0 option.
>>>
>>> Looking forward to hear any suggestion on this matter,
>>>
>>> Juan

Dr. Vlad Cojocaru
Computational Structural Biology Laboratory
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology
Max Planck Institute for Molecular Biomedicine
Röntgenstrasse 20, 48149 Münster, Germany
Tel: +49-251-70365-324; Fax: +49-251-70365-399
Email: vlad.cojocaru[at]mpi-muenster.mpg.de
http://www.mpi-muenster.mpg.de/43241/cojocaru